2013 Demo Reel
2013 Demo Reel from across the globe
Reality TV - Episode
Advertorial TV Segment
One of our largest TV titles, a variety show covering gear & technique in an advertorially entertaining fashion. Talent are writers and well respected in the industry. In the 24hrs after air for this segment the company saw a 700% increase in sales.
Storyline Commercial Spot
African NGO Video Short
Travel circling the globe and producing a concise and engaging short in under an hour on the ground, with minimal tools.
Experimental : Visual Poem
Poem read by the author, visuals by me.
Huntington Green : Documentary Short
A documentary short shot in an unwilling neighborhood in 3 days for public presentation to city hall.
What I Shot : Texas
Fun and lighthearted summary of a week of shooting episode spots in the Texas Hill Country
Bachelor of Arts : Art Graduated 2000 Minor in Recreation Management Houghton College, Houghton, NY
Full time employment doing quality work with a learner‘s attitude in a place where creativity is abundant, criticism is shared, and leadership is strong; to be prolific in that environment furthering my audience and abilities beyond what I achieved in the past.
- Visually intelligent, creatively motivated
- 14 year Motion Picture & Video Direction and Production experience
- Lighting and Grip for cinema : dolly, crane and steadicam setup and operation
- Adobe Creative Suite workflow mastery with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, and Lightroom
- Proficient in common Web technologies including WordPress, HTML, CSS, & PHP
- Professional training expertise communicating concepts and technical skills to fellow professionals
- Farm grown common sense with a strong work ethic
- Extensive experience with collaborative problem solving
- RGB Production: web scalability, video production, photo archive management
- CMYK Print Production: Long Run, Short Run, On Demand and Book Binding
- For complete history please view my extensive Linked In profile
- 14 Years as freelance creative professional in stills and motion
- Fortune 500 Clients include: New York Times Magazine, General Mills, UPS, Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, Harpers, Beretta, Intermedia Outdoors
- Relate to Each Individual
- Create from Personal Insight
- Dream Globally and Act Locally
Broadcast TV Titles
- ESPN Golf
- NASCAR Reality
- Big Deer
- Guns & Ammo
- Gallery of Guns
- Ruger Inside and Out
- World Of Beretta
- Peterson’s Hunting
- Bowhunter TV
- North American Whitetail
I am proficient in many camera systems, however budget usually limits the offerings on many projects. Here are some of my favorite tools:
The Sony FS700 and new FS7’s high speed capabilities make it a unique tool at the price point. On the titles I am most often working on the couple bursts of well shot 240fps or 480fps really makes a segment shine.
Autofocus wonder. Super light, amazingly flexible. 3x digital zoom – I can’t find a fault in this little workhorse – I’ll take three on every job!
Neil is possibly the most talented photographer I’ve ever met. While some people take pictures, others are Artists. Artist describes Neil. From his technical skills to his mastery of composition I am always in awe.
Neil is one of those thoroughly creative, aesthetically genius people that I strive to compare myself to in my own work.
Neil has an incredible eye for images, and presents a new reality through his photographs. Whenever I’ve had the pleasure of working on a job with Neil, he’s always been a complete pro, focused on his work and considerate to other professionals who needed to share the same work area. And, he could always add some levity to the situation, even if things weren’t going perfectly. I would work with Neil any day, and not hesitate to recommend him.Dave Bartlett
Neil is one of the most talented individuals I have ever met. I hired Neil on multiple occasions for consulting, coaching and training of my digital workflow and compositional technique. Neil’s skills as a artist combined with his incredible talent for digital media management and ease of workflow far exceeds anyone I know in this industry. If you hire Neil prepare to be amazed.Adam Coker
Neil Cowley is beyond talented. He’s a self-starter, a self-generator, and selfless with his wonderful, creative ideas. He’s always striving to bring his readers beyond the obvious elements of the story.