Neil March 18th, 2010
Now THIS is a story based contest that I can get BEHIND!!!
- Submissions must be from weddings of the past twelve months; maximum of ten images per wedding for each category.
- Enter once only. Entering more than once will disqualify you and your entry fee will not be refunded.
- Upload ten images into all five categories. Do not change category names.
- Images must be from the same wedding to tell a story according to the specific category. So you will be featuring up to five weddings, although you can use the same wedding in more than one category … but not two different weddings in one category.
- Add name, website and email to “Photographer” page on your contest site.
- Follow @emergecontest for updates, announcements and, most importantly, to let us know your contest entry is ready!
Neil February 16th, 2009
The entries are in and have been collected into a single download available in the Create Cart:
Congratulations to the winners – I think we’ll be doing this again soon!
- First place was awarded to Tasha Schalk with her Rock Concert actions – she’s excited to try out her Lightspeed Package!
- Phill Price’s monochrome lightroom preset for a moody pink tone captured the third place prize
- 1ST PLACE: LIGHTSPEED WORKFLOW PACKAGE
Valued at $290, this prize includes a Nostromo n52 left-hand keypad, “ONE” Lightroom/ACR preset, “ONE” Photoshop Action, and tutorials. This is an awesome package! This winner will also receive a $39 credit to use toward any additional items from Neil.
- 2ND PLACE: PHOTOSHOP LIGHT REAL VIRTUAL COURSE
Valued at $250, this prize includes the “ONE ACTION” workflow scripts plus a 4 hour training course covering the workflow scripts and working in LAB color space. This winner will also receive a $39 credit to use toward any additional items from Neil.
- 3RD PLACE: ONE ACTION AND GOLDEN TOUCH PACKAGES
Valued at $79 and $49, respectively, this prize includes the “ONE ACTION” scripts and presets for Photoshop and Lightroom, plus extra training materials along with additional Photoshop actions and 30 textures.
Neil November 10th, 2008
Free Texture package or anything else $40 will buy you from my online cart….
…for 40 unique users referred from the URL that you own.
- post your URL in the comments
- referrals are measured by google analytics and must be unique visitors
- You’ll be e-mailed a gift certificate for the Create Cart when your URL shows 40
- Only one gift cert per person – if you run a site with a lot of traffic, I’ll offer you a editorial review copy of my full workflow software.
All you have to do to get 40 clickthroughs is post a blog post on your own blog about one of my texture sets: http://makelightreal.com/category/lighting-overlays/
– just copy and paste text from one of my posts to your blog, and send your friends, clients, and photo friends a note about your own post. You’ll be surprised how easy it’ll be!
Neil September 21st, 2008
Contest: Going Wireless with Strobist and PocketWizard « Pocketwizard Blog
Creativity with wireless triggering is key to this contest. Show us your best, most creative use of going wireless with radio triggering. And detail, detail, detail! Explain your setup well so everyone can understand what it took to make your vision come alive.
All videos must be tagged “pocketwizardstrobist” to qualify. The judging panel will be David Hobby of Strobist and Phil Bradon from PocketWizard.
In addition, photos may also uploaded to Flickr tagged “pocketwizardstrobist” with link to the YouTube video in the description.
The contest runs mid-July through end of November. Winners will be announced on the 15th of each month, beginning in August.